Friday, 20 June 2008

Weights and Measures

Having been shown the difference between teas made with the right dry leaf to water ratio, I am impatient to buy myself a dinky scale before starting on my mountainous Paris tea stash.

My teacher at the tea school used a balance that measures weights accurate to a precision of 0.1 grams. It's very sleek and I covet it so I am impatient to find something similar in London.

My search has been hampered however, by the fact that the shops that sell very precise scales are also the ones that also supply drug dealers (funny that). The struggle is persuading someone convinced that you are a nascent addict that you don't need a scale accurate to 100th of gram since, in fact, you will be measuring tea rather than crack.
"Who measures tea? It comes in a bag"

I am prepared to look foolish, I need my scales. The search continues.

2 comments:

mark and howard said...

is this the latest blog?
we are very interested in tea and devotees of Char in Winchester. Why no website Char or have we missed it? We like that you are prepared to look foolish. It is as well to be prepared we have found. We are drinking a cup of nice tea as we write - mo li long zhu. Have you found any teas that rhyme with famous people? It's a side interest but quite important.
Thanks for your blog we like it!

Teaquilibrium said...

Hi!
We're here to invite you to visit our tea blog, "From Black to Green and All In Between":
http://teaquilibrium.blogspot.com/
We hope you enjoy it!
~The Teaquilibrium Team